Friday, December 4, 2015

Weekend plans

So this is the big weekend.  Violet is competing for the first time since April, when I did a dressage test and two jumper classes on her.  Marcy has graciously agreed to show her for me, since I didn't think it best that I try to hop on for the first time in a month to show.  I know I am so out of shape that just getting through a dressage test for me right now would be tricky, never mind jumping.  Thank goodness for volunteer vouchers!

So Marcy is taking her out Beginner Novice.  I, of course, will be there taping and getting pictures.  When I first thought about doing the show, I thought it would be my last hurrah before moving back to the place in St Augustine, but I guess it's really just the beginning.  And although the show is huge, only one other team member is doing anything, and she's just going over some dressage tests.  I guess everyone who competed at AECs and then Rocking Horse Fall has rightly decided to give their horses a little break.  

My little red-head does not do good with breaks, but that is the topic of another post.

Anywho, back to the topic at hand.  So I will be heading down to watch very early in the morning, as Violet's dressage test is at 9:15, although this time will be a bit different, as I will have boy in tow.  Since he's not working, and wants to get out of the house, he asked if he could come with me.  Little did he know that he would be volunteered to assist at the show grounds.  Our lovely volunteer coordinator sent out the word that they were looking for help.  I'm not exactly sure what we will be doing, but I'm sure she'll find something. They traditionally don't do individual jump judges for schooling shows, just have someone running around behind on the gator with a radio, but I guess with over 200 entrants, they may do things a little differently.

No matter what we end up doing, it will be wonderful to be outside.  To smell my pony again, even if I'm not riding her.  To see my friends.  And all in glorious 75 degree weather!

2 comments:

  1. ooh take so many pictures!!!! hope you have fun volunteering, and of course wishing Marcy and Violet and fun and successful outing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have three cameras charged and ready to go! Hopefully I won't derp out and forget them all at home...

      Delete