Monday, December 28, 2015

Post-Christmas update

To those of you who read this, I hope you had the Merriest of Christmases.  This is a quick update.

For Christmas Adam (Christmas Eve eve, because Adam came first, lol), the boy and I headed out to look at Christmas lights and drop off my brother's presents from my mother and I.

I got off work early on Christmas Eve and the boy and I sat and watched about 10 episodes of Dexter.


Christmas morning we woke up later, made cinnamon rolls and coffee and then opened our few presents.  The boy got a Jacksonville Jaguars baseball cap that he seems very pleased with.

And some dark chocolate cherries with the liquid centers.  Because he's picky.

From him I got 4 Variety puzzle books.


Mom sent an awesome Santa decoration and a much appreciated check.  Which was used to buy me a pair of shoes and a new cell phone.

Dad sent me a desktop computer.  With no monitor.  I only have a laptop so... Guess I'll use some of my mom's money to buy a monitor.

And my brother got me an ornament.  

So it was a big day.  I am so not used to being poor.

After that we used some movie tickets I had won at work to go to the movies.


Because...Marky Mark.  It was funny.  We had a good time.  After the movie we went home and watched a couple more episodes of Dexter.  Then went out for our big dinner at Steak and Shake.  The place was packed.  But in Jacksonville, you either had fast food, or you had high end.  I would have loved it if some fast casual places had been open, or even Cracker Barrel, but they weren't and high end wasn't in the cards, so Steak and Shake it was.  And I didn't get a shake.  I did, however get lots of texts from my mother and aunts and cousins.  After many years of me driving to Charleston and our family not getting together for Christmas, this year everyone made it.  Except my brother and I.  So there were lots of "we miss you", "wish you were here" texts that actually made me feel kind of crappy.

Saturday we braved shopping and that's when we got the shoes and phone.  And wandered around Wal-Mart.

Sunday we went to Lowe's and looked at plants we want someday.  And drooled over some things at our favorite furniture consignment shop.

The one thing that I didn't do this Christmas?  No ride.  I was going to go Sunday, but neither of us slept well Saturday night, and ... well, I have lots of excuses but no good ones.  I just didn't want to drive 4 hours for a hack.  So the pony got the big Christmas gift of having the day off.


No comments:

Post a Comment