Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Post holiday blahs

After the wonderful family holiday, I've been experiencing a bit of the blahs.  Sunday, we had to drive 4 hours one way to return the oldest daughter, visit the younger daughter, and visit the son for a bit before driving the 4 (6 with T-day traffic on Sunday night) hour drive back home.

Then yesterday we suffered a bit of a hit to our financial situation in that the job the boy was trying did not work out.  So he's back to looking (already interviewing), and I'm back to stressing.  I have all faith that this too will resolve itself quickly, but it seems like if I didn't have bad luck right now, I wouldn't have any at all. It's a good thing that I have a good job, because I'm supporting the two of us, and partially supporting another family member that is in the same situation.

I do not usually whine about such things, just suck it up and go about what I can control, but this one is hard for me.  I've gone from being comfortable and actually getting things paid off to getting further and further behind, and further and further into debt myself.  And it's the holidays.  I had planned on having the barn Christmas party at my house, but that is not going to be possible.  I don't have the money for basics, and I definitely don't have the money to buy holiday decorations.  All the gifts I usually give are going to have to be backed way down, which is the part that I love on the holidays.  Something about finding that one special gift that makes the other person smile and know how much effort you put into it, even if it's not a huge thing.

The one thing I haven't been able to skimp on is Violet.  There's really no option.  She is going to cost what she costs, whether she's here in town or with my trainer.  At least there I know she's getting good care when I can't get there.

I did get some good news today.  Had my last visit with the podiatrist.  He has cleared me for whatever I feel comfortable with, and I have no other appointments with him unless I have an issue.  So that means next weekend, I will be back in the saddle, which will definitely help this funk I'm in right now.  My mood always varies based on the amount of pony time I get.  I'll head down with boy in tow this weekend to watch Violet go around the BN course at the schooling show, and look forward to being back in the saddle next weekend.

I choose to believe that even though I can't see it right now, there is treasure at the end of this particular rainbow.

As seen on the way home Sunday

2 comments:

  1. wow that was a quick recovery on your foot!! hopefully getting back in the saddle will help relieve some stress from everything else. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was! Two weeks and cleared to go, although I'm going to give it an extra week as I still have some swelling and bruising. And everything else will work itself out. It's really just an inconvenience, but I felt like whining.

      Delete