Tuesday, December 29, 2015

2015 in Review

This has been a most interesting year.  Here is a short recap:

January
Work picked up as it does when you work in Financial Reporting.  The end of the month saw me volunteering for my second rated show.  I believe this is the one where Buck Davidson spoke to me, lol.

Buck and Petite Flower

February
Heavier work load.  Volunteered for another rated show.  Went cross country schooling twice and fell both times.  I start to notice this weird feeling of socks bunched up under my toes in my shoes.



March
Moved the barn to Rocking Horse.  Paid off my little house. Work started to get better.  Volunteered again. The boy found me on FaceBook and we started talking.

The two of us in 1986.
April
The boy and I officially started dating, albeit over the phone.  Loooots of phone conversations.  For hours. Daily.  Cross country schooled and again fell off.  Got bonuses and raises at work.  The boy came to visit for the weekend.  I buy a pair of black custom boots.  I start with pain in my foot.

At Amicalola Falls

May
Moved Violet to St. Augustine.  Started going out to her 5-6 times a week.  Got engaged.  Went to Georgia to visit with the boy.  Took him to Poplar to meet the Ladies of Market Street.  Started clearing out the house of extra stuff that I really didn't need, in an effort to make room for the boy when he moves down.  I now have pain in both feet.
This would be how I informed my parents.

June
The boy came to visit several times.  We go to visit his three kids.  Started looking at houses, because it was obvious we both would not fit in my little 800 square foot house.  The rain starts.  Got my boots!  The pain in my feet becomes bothersome when I ride.

My boots.  I loves them.
July
The boy shows up with his stuff.  Surprise!  He starts looking for a job.  I go on vacation to my condo in Daytona.  the boy goes to his sons birthday party and meets me at the condo.  Mom arrives and spends time with me and the boy.  Things do not go swimmingly.  It's still raining.

It's raining...again.

August
I buy a house!  The boy starts working at a small box shoe store as a manager in training.  We celebrate his birthday with pizza and brownies.  I finally make an appointment with my GP about my foot.  She gives me a referral to a podiatrist.  Violet gets nipped by the farrier and I get a lesson in how to wrap and soak a hoof. Violet starts to develop rain rot.

New house

 September
The boys job ends.  The company he was working for is a joke and he does not mesh with the culture, so the job hunt continues.  Dad comes to visit with his wife and my 5 year old brother. Violet gets put inside due to the wet conditions and rain rot, and then develops a cough.  The vet says she must go outside.  The podiatrist says I have overcompensated from the pain in the right foot and rebroken a previous stress fracture in the right.  I'm put in a boot and given a shot of dex in the right foot.  I start this blog at the end of the month as a training blog, but it doesn't get very far.  
Boot on one, dex in the other.
October
Because I move Violet back to Rocking Horse.  Violet pops a splint.  Her cough goes away and she seems very happy.  I get to see my friends again.  Violet puts her legs under the gate in her paddock when rolling and scrapes herself up.  The boy starts working for a well known but independently owned and operated donut shop.  His hours are 4:30am to 6pm 6 days a week, so we don't see each other much.  I spend a lot of time going back and forth to the doctors for MRIs, xrays and ultrasounds.  I am not able to actually have the MRI due to an old pellet in my neck.  I judge the Fall show.
Popped splint.
November
I have a small incident with the truck and the tree in the driveway.  The results of the medical tests are inconclusive, but it's pretty obvious that I have a Morton's neuroma and that it will have to be removed.  I have surgery to remove it and spend almost two weeks basically doing nothing.  I go to Charleston to visit family for Thanksgiving, leaving the boy at home with his oldest daughter.

Woospies

December
The boy is let go from his job and the hunt begins anew.  Unfortunately, it is Christmastime and no one is hiring.  Marcy rides Violet in the schooling show.  I get to ride my pony!  Mom comes in to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra and spend time with all of us.  We go to St. Augustine to look at lights.  It goes better than the last time we were all together.  We have a quiet Christmas, just the two of us.

Happy pony

So that's my year in a nutshell.  There were a lot of changes, but I have a beautiful house, a wonderful man who loves me, and a pony who is happier than ever.  Here's to seeing where 2016 will take us.  Hopefully I can get back to this being a training blog.  But to do that, I will probably blog a bit less.

Hope you all have a happy new year.

2 comments:

  1. so many changes!!!! and big additions!!! ups and downs, sure, but seems like you're closing out the year with lots to be happy about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of changes, and more to come, but i think its good.

      Delete