Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Rocking Horse Schooling Show: Part 2

I never did get my media straightened out, but didn't want to delay any more, so here is part 2.

After a bit of a break following the dressage, Violet was pulled out of her stall and headed to the jumper ring for the next phase.  For the jumping phases, Marcy put Violet into the 3 ring, knowing she can get just a tad...  Well, I'll call it pushy.  She just doesn't listen as well some times as she should when it comes to all the jumps. 

We headed over to the warm-up ring, where Marcy warmed up lightly, then came to get me to raise the fences.  She was going early in the BN group and the warm up fences had not been raised from tadpole height.  So I put up a vertical and the oxer.  I think she jumped the vertical once and the oxer twice and called it done.  I checked her in and went back to the golf cart to watch and take pictures.  Unfortunately, I am still trying to figure out my camera and do not have the timing right, so there weren't really any good ones. 

She went in for her round.  It was a very twisty course with lots of rollbacks and bending lines that actually looked like it would have been fun to ride.  The pony is very nimble and fun to ride those kinds of courses on.  The only issue Marcy had that I could tell was the right lead.  Violet just doesn't like it.  She doesn't do auto changes, and she rarely picks it up over the fence.  Marcy did a good job of calmly getting the change in the corners.   In the one related distance line, she had to check the pony from getting a little rushy, but she did so much more tactfully than I would have and only got a little bit of a head toss.
Pricked ears already looking to the next fence.
From beginning to end, Violet was jumping beautifully.  She's jumping in better form than she ever has on a consistent basis, and from the look on her face, you can tell she just loves it.  I am so lucky to be able to have her with someone who does such a good job with her, and is keeping her so happy.  Ultimately, they finished double clear, of course.
Fuzzy, but shows how eager the red-headed girl is.  Never mind cute!

2 comments:

  1. aw she looks so happy jumping!! my mare has lead issues too (and also never fixes it over the fences)... thank god simple changes aren't faulted in eventing, that's all i gotta say!

    ReplyDelete