Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Whoopsies

I guess I had my head in the clouds on the way home from work last night.  Or maybe I was looking forward to mopping the kitchen floor (yeah right).  Whatever.  Major whoopsie when pulling into the driveway.



This would be after I picked up the dangling taillight.


The culprit.  Who in their right mind would put a palm tree a foot and a half off the end of the driveway? Yes, that is my taillight stuck in the tree. I back in, obviously.

So I nicely lined the plastic pieces up on the counter, grabbed an adult beverage and toasted my ability to back into a tree in my own yard.  At least the light still works.

The SO comes home and sees the plastic on the counter and is NOT SURPRISED when I tell him what happened.  On inspection, the dent in the bed can be popped out (he did most of it in the rain last night) and there is no real paint damage.  Yep, we can buff that out.  Can I say how happy I am that Ford makes their trucks out of real metal and not plastic?  The only real damage is the light, so I'll have to order one of those.


Blurry picture of what I did this morning to hold the taillight on.  Like I said, all lights work (reverse, parking and blinker), so it's not actually a driving hazard.  And electrical tape is good for more than just cross country boots.

And of course I only have 4 more payments on her until she's paid off.  Ugh.

1 comment: