Monday, April 4, 2016

Weekend update

So this weekend was a whirlwind affair.  I took Friday off of work expecting to be buying a new vehicle for the boy and having a romantic dinner out for our anniversary.  Instead, we spent the day crawling around car lots looking for the unicorn of all vehicles that we thought we had found, but was sold out from under us the day before.  Jeep Wrangler 4-door in really good condition with good beefy tires, clean carfax, not been monkeyed with too much by other owners, but has the good steel bumpers, step rails a must (for those of us that are vertically challenged), winch would be great, soft top ok, not too worried about mileage, less than $25K.  Yeah.  During Jeep season.  Needless to say, after spending 8 hours driving from lot to lot, town to town, on the FIRST day of the month, there were none to our liking, and we were both so wore out that we just went to O'Charlie's for a salad and called it a night.  We were in bed by 10pm. I slept until about 2:30, and was out the door heading to Rocking Horse for the last show of the season by 5am.

Saturday dawned rainy. I checked in to judge at 7:30, getting my assignments.  Nothing too exciting this time.  I was judging fence 14 on Training, which was a single table, and fence 18 for Intermediate, which was again a single table. The rain cleared through and it got really windy.  There will be individual posts on these. You know, because, camera.  Then I was free for the rest of the day to watch the pony make her debut!

Saturday night we stayed at Marcy's and drank wine, ate pizza, played rummy and listened to Gin and Juice radio on Pandora really loud.  There was much laughing and we stayed up too late.  Very fun.

Sunday dawned early, clear and absolutely beautiful.  Another check-in at 7:30(ish) and I was off to judge fence 3 (another table) for the remaining Training divisions and fence 4 (what they were calling the trekhaner) for Novice.  Then I got off to watch the pony do her cross country, packed up, picked up our ribbon and headed out.  I got home to 450+ pictures, a hot shower, and my handsome man.  I figure I can stretch this weekend for ohhh....the next two week's posts.  Which is good because I will be visiting my mother this coming weekend which means no riding for me until the following week.

Yes, she completed and got some satin!  She's official!

1 comment: