Thursday, November 10, 2016

Quick recap (no, I haven't forgotten)

I know.  It was a big weekend, followed by a big week.  So I'll do a little recap before doing the analysis.

A nice start to a show Saturday
Ride times were late.  Dressage Saturday 1:53, stadium and cross country at 3:42 and 4:38 Sunday, respectively.

I had a good, but not perfect, dressage school Friday night, working on pushing for more.

Super pony!

After waiting around with no job on Saturday, watching everyone else ride, we were braided and dressed and ready to go.  Then it was done, and we were right in the middle of the pack score-wise and oh so happy because it was a great ride.

Caroline, Jean, me and the Super-pony, and Jane post dressage.  Lots of reason to smile!

Sunday I jump judged in the morning through Intermediate, Prelim and Training, and made it back to the barn in time to watch my fellow team-mates all have great rides.

Next thing I know, I'm in warm-up and they are calling my number.

Through stadium with my best round ever, double clear.  Moved up to second.

A short break, long enough to take a drink, pamper the pony a bit, retack, and head back out to cross country.  Walk around a bit, warm up with a little bit of stickiness to work through, which was fantastic, then 5...4...3...2...1...HAVE A GREAT RIDE!

The pony and I after successful completion of our first ever BN event together
Yes, I met my goal.  I finished my first ever Beginner Novice.  My first ever...crap, can't remember the word now...rated?  No, that's the hunter world.  Whatever, my first ever big show with braiding and jackets and bit checks and running martingales and solid fences and water and ditches and a 2-stride, etc.

I got through it.  We had time, and finished in 7th out of 10, but we did it!  The pony was spectacular. I didn't feel like I was going to throw up.  I actually know what I did wrong for time and how to fix it. And I'm ready to go again!

Violet ribbon for the Violet pony!

The Market Street team results were pretty impressive:

Jean and Jr 2nd JTR
Olivia and Keebler 1st NR
Lindsey and Willa 2nd NR
Caroline and Charlie 3rd NR
Cameron and Breeze 1st BNR-B
Me and Violet 7th BNR-A

Caroline and I were on an adult team together with a couple of other people whose names I don't even know.  We finished 5th out of 6.

In my mind, she has reached that status.
So, to recap, I am thankful to be part of such a wonderful team, to have a great trainer and two wonderful twins that have taught my pony so much, a pony that has turned into the horse I always knew she could be, and to walk away from this with a smile on my face and a confident pony!

As soon as I find my dressage test paper, I'll post a more in-depth analysis of the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Woooooo yay congrats on the awesome move up!!!! Sounds like you guys absolutely killed it!!!!

    ReplyDelete