Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Overheard conversations

I had a very interesting experience late last week.  I overheard Kyle Carter talking to someone as he was going around the course at the show a couple of weeks ago.  They were with a group, so I assumed he was just doing his normal coursewalk with students and chatting between the fences.  In particular, I picked up that he was talking about how it would be selfish to retain a horse just to get himself up the levels.  That it is always hard to let one that is special go, but sometimes you have to look past yourself and your own goals.  Then last Friday, as I'm perusing the Practical Horseman website (as I do every day when my brain needs a break from work, it is the start of my online circuit), I see an article about him and his homebred horse FRs Trust Fund.  He says, and I quote here "To be honest, he’s going to be a hard one to sell because of how I feel about him, but I also can’t be selfish. There’s more to this than my riding. I’ve got a family to support and do this with."  I think I happened to overhear him talking to the article author, Lindsay Berreth.  I don't know why, but I think that's pretty cool.



Happy Wednesday, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment