Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Weekend update

First I want to say how much I was thinking of all of you in colder climes that were impacted by the Snowmageddon this past weekend.  I know some of you were really impacted.  I know in Allentown, where my mother's family lives, they got record snows.

View from front porch of my mother's cousin's house in Allentown

While here in Florida, the newscasters thought the world would end, because we got flurries.  Yep, flurries. The kind that your camera can barely pick up, and you aren't quite sure if it's misty rain, or actually snow. Of course, we get them every 5 years or so.  It's not that big a deal.  We do get cold here, since we basically live in South Georgia.  It's not like Jacksonville is close to Miami.  

Anyway, we did get cold.  Cold enough that the boy decided he would rather stay home and clean the floors than go with me.  It's ok, he would have whined about being cold the whole time.  He's not used to anything cold enough to put on a long sleeved shirt.  And to tell the truth, it was pretty miserable.

Violet was...herself.  She is...impacted...by the influx of new horses and activity on the property.  Don't get me wrong, she's not bad.  She's just being a girl.  She wants to call to everyone and know what everyone is doing and OMG I DON'T KNOW THAT HORSE.  

What's going on over there!?!
I would have thought after 3 weeks she would have been glad to see me, but she couldn't be bothered to leave her hay net to say hello.

Between the cold, the new horses and people, the wind blowing 25 mph and Leslie Law giving a clinic in the jumping ring (young riders, I think?) there was plenty for the girl to focus on that wasn't me.  So our lesson was a bit...challenging.  You will never hear me say that I had a bad lesson, because as long as I learn something, they are all good.  But I can say it wasn't really a fun lesson.  I will give a full write-up of that in a couple of days.  But let's say it was a lesson on patience.

After the lesson, I put the pony away, snugged her in her blankets to be turned out for the night, gave her an apple and headed home.  Where I promptly curled up under a blanket and admired the newly cleaned floors.


I can has apple now, hooman.



2 comments:

  1. ugh lessons on 'patience' aren't always my favorite either... love your attitude about never having a 'bad' lesson tho!

    ReplyDelete