Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Alive and kicking

Sorry for the radio silence.  Work is kind of kicking my ass right now.  This was the weekend that we spend in the office finalizing numbers and getting things ready for the auditors.  We had so much in the way of strange big new deals this year that the reporting is proving a challenge.

Anyway, it's cold here.  Yes, I live in Florida.  Yes, it still gets cold here.  Since we are in north Florida, it gets colder than people anticipate.  This morning it was 29.  People are thinking the world will end because it's the low 50's for a high.  This is my favorite kind of riding weather.  I could actually maybe wear long sleeve and a vest!  Yes, I am one of those that will start with a jacket and end up taking it off to ride, even in 45 degree weather.

I am looking forward to getting a ride in this weekend.  I have been getting regular updates.  Everyone is moving along in their goals this year.  Marcy took Riley out a couple weekends ago and had a good learning experience with him, and Ginny is making her Novice debut at the end of the month.  My goal right now is just to get on my pony, who apparently, besides being perfect, has also gotten a haircut.

Oh, and I contacted a venue about wedding dates.  And went looking at wedding bands with the boy.  Did you know people don't do matching wedding rings anymore?  For some reason that makes me sad.

So I'll leave you with this:




2 comments:

  1. hey 29* definitely counts as cold! stay warm and good luck w work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You stay warm! I know you are in for some serious cold!

      Delete