Friday, January 22, 2016

Friday update

One of the auditors here at work asked me, innocently enough, "So, are you able to ride now with your foot?"  See, I am the typical horse person.  There is very little else that IS for the typical horse person, so there is very little else that is discussed.

Of course I replied with "Why yes, I can ride, when I actually GET there."

He then remembered that she is a couple of hours away and inquired as to who takes care of her when I'm not there.

I decided that I'm like an empty-nester.  Violet is my child, and she has left me to go to college.  She will gladly visit with me and show me all she has learned, and I will, like so many other parents, plead ignorance since she now knows way more than I do.

I gladly hand my precious cargo over to someone who can educate her further than I can.  And some day I plan to reap those benefits.  Today, however, is not that day.

I have remained quiet this week as we are in the heaviest portion of our busy season.  I have not ridden in three weeks, which is why there isn't much posting.  I'm sure you all don't want to hear me whine about working a lot.  We all know we do this in order to afford our little "hobby", and I know I am luckier than a lot of people.  However, that ends this weekend.  I will ride Saturday even if it kills me.


And it very well might.  I'm sure you all have heard about the big nasty storm on the east coast.  Being in Florida, I don't have to deal with the snow or ice or subfreezing temps for days or anything.  What I am looking at is cloudy, not quite 50 and 25 mile an hour winds.  Doesn't sound like much for you dealing with freezing pipes and water buckets, but I'm not exactly prepared for it clothing wise.  At least we got a wireless audio system so I should be able to hear ok.  When the wind whistles through the ear holes in my helmet, I have to turn my head funny in order to understand the instructions, so that will be nice.

I have started working out twice a week with some people from work.  By working out, at this point I mean alternating between the recumbent bike and the treadmill at a slowish walk.  It is amazing the amount of condition I have lost through all this.  My foot seems to be handling it ok, so that's good.  Looks like I'm past the worst of it now.  And the amount of weight I have gained (sigh).  Back to the drawing board on all of it. I would really like to look decent in my wedding pictures later this year.

On that note, I have contacted a place for the wedding.  It looks like Little Log Chapel in Gatlinburg has won my vote for location.  Far enough away that I can keep it small.  Pretty grounds. Packages that cover basically everything, except for a reception, which I will probably do at home anyway.  November 5, 2016.


And the boy starts working at Lowe's Monday.  Not really the job he wanted, but the one that is available and it's a good company.  He could decide he really likes it.  We'll see.  He just needs to stay in it for a while so we can get some financial stuff taken care of.


1 comment:

  1. 25 mph winds are definitely no joke... bundle up tight!! glad you get to go ride tho and get a break from work!!

    ReplyDelete