Friday, August 26, 2016

Slacker writes again

Sorry it's been so long, just haven't had anything exciting going on.  Here in Florida we are in what feels like the 20th month of horrendous heat, I'm trying to plan a wedding, trying to encourage my brother to move out of my house, and working.

I took a jump lesson last weekend that was good, but very short.  For the first time, Violet and I managed to put together 8 fences.  Like together, not just in a row.  We were together on the forward pace from line to line and fence to fence, and even when I got an off distance because I blew through my line on a turn, I sat up and pushed enough to get to the next fence on the stride that we needed.  It felt good.  And I felt like throwing up.  It seems like each week I feel less and less in shape, and it's awful.  I am told it is because of the heat, even the professionals are struggling to get the riding in. The longer the summer goes, the worse you feel.  But the upside is that in the fall when it gets cooler, you feel like a rock star.  We'll see.  If true, that would be good timing, since I'm making my debut after it gets cooler (please gods).

So today I head down after work and will take a dressage lesson.  We are doing a dressage test and a jump course tomorrow at the schooling show.  

Love that pony face

Then it's the boy's birthday.  He has requested "some kind of stuffed chicken breast thing and maybe a trip to that ice cream place" (Bruster's).  He got his big gift last weekend when I took him to the Jaguars / Tampa Bay pre-season football game.  And I'll give him a big coffee mug that I got him that says "Coffee makes me poop".  Because he's a guy.  And perpetually 14.

Our selfie game is not strong...

During the week we got the opportunity to tour our company's newest vessel, M/V West Virginia, which was really cool.  It's the newest LNG equipped Jones Act tanker in our fleet, and not very often do you get the opportunity to take a tour.



This thing is HUGE...

And lastly, I met up with some friends to celebrate my upcoming wedding and one of the members' promotion.  We all used to work for the same audit company, and we used to get together every quarter, but had fallen out of practice.  Only 4 of the 7 in the group made it, but we have another dinner planned in October, so hopefully we'll get a chance to catch up with the rest of them then.  It was a nice dinner and great to catch up on what all of us are doing.  Only one is actually with the same company.

Required awkward table shot.
Hope you all have a great weekend.  I'll have results of the show some time next week.

1 comment: