Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Other matters

Yes, I know this is a horse blog, but there are other things going on in my life.  Of course, it all impacts my personal horse-world, so I'll use that as the tie in.

First and foremost is the wedding.  Yes, it is on.  Friday, I will be married.  We have received all the stuff (clothes, rings, etc.), I have found a photographer, and had showers.  Now all that's left is to get my nails done, finish my gift, and pack.

The boy is into all the stuff that goes with a wedding, so we have custom jerseys to wear around St. Augustine, as well as "Team Bride" and "Team Groom" cups to carry around, just because he wanted them.  He's such a sentimental goofball.

Getting my "something blue"
On Sunday last week, I was lucky enough to have a shower thrown by Marcy and Ginny.  We went to the spa and had some things done and had lunch with all the ladies.  Then that night, a few of us met up with the boys for dinner at one of my favorite places.  We had such fun at the spa that we decided we have to do this more often, like once a quarter or so.  I made sure we invited a couple of people who no longer have horses in our program, but are still part of the Market Street crew, and it was so nice to see them again.

I am blessed to have such a great group of people that wanted to help me and Collin celebrate.  There were three people that did not make it that I really wish had, but you know how life gets in the way. At the last minute, Ginny was called away for work and could not make it to the party she planned. My best friend from college could not get away from her full house in MD when her husband was suddenly called away for his job.  And my Mom couldn't make it because her sister was unexpectedly admitted to the ICU with some heart issues.  But I will see them all soon, so it's fine.

I'm still looking for the "something borrowed".

I was lucky enough to have another shower at work, where they got cool things like M&Ms with our picture on them, and a cake made of cupcakes carrot and chocolate that made the shape of a dress, baked and decorated by a very talented woman in our payroll department.  Such sweet people I work with.
The ladies that organized my shower with my cake.  

Participants in my shower.  It was mostly an excuse to eat cake!

Coolest. Thing. Ever.
And then I promptly got sick.  I did not ride.  I did not move.  I made sure to try not to breathe on the boy.  I did make a "just married" plaque to hang on the spare tire of his jeep, and then the front door once we get home.  But mostly I slept for three days straight.  I'm not totally better, but at least everything isn't running now.  That means that I will not ride for three weeks, though, which really sucks.

Another thing on my plate right now is my foot.  You remember when I got surgery last year and all my problems were solved?  Yeah, not so much.  It's doing it's same thing again.  I feel like I'm walking with a stone in my shoe under my toes.  And it hurts when I ride, at least until I start a lesson or something and quit thinking about it.  But I do think it's making me ride more on the outside of my foot on the right, which is adding to my lopsided-ness on the pony.  I'm ignoring it for the most part right now.  I will get to the podiatrist, but not until after the show.

Speaking of the show, entries opened last week.  I need to register, but first had a question about the new BN registration requirement with USEA.  Marcy says don't worry about it, since it does not go into effect until December 1, and the USEA season ends at the end of November.  If I were to register now, I would have to pay the full thing again come December, so just wait.  So now I have to figure out how to work the Event Entries site, since I've never done that before.  It's kind of exciting.  I asked if we were still on track to complete that, and was told at that time yes, so I guess that means I'm good to go.  We'll see since I now have an extended leave from riding (3 WEEKS!) and only a month before the show.

Barn door shot for my blog-friend Emma.  We don't really have doors, though.

1 comment:

  1. I love the vista!!!! Definitely don't love that your foot is acting up again tho - what a frustration. Ugh. Seems like good things are happening all the same - what a nice shower with friends!! And so exciting that the wedding is here!!! :D

    ReplyDelete